Thursday, December 3, 2009

A reintroduction to food

I've started cooking again. Hopefully this will be more than passing fad. I'm determined to make good food for my whole family (hubby, baby,grandma, and myself), that is in a budget.

The first step of this is meal planning.

I like food, a lot. I like a lot of different foods. I am a vegan. Since taking over the evening meals in our home, I've enjoyed scanning a variety of cookbooks and recipes slightly adapting them for our needs.

My main requirements for meal planning are:
  1. The foods must be vegetable centered
  2. require very little processed mock meats (this keeps the costs down)
  3. Have at least 3 separate recipes on the plate during serving.
  4. be able to blend/ puree up for the Lil One's consumption.
  5. Have no creepy ultraprocessed ingredients (ie corn syrup)
I love all ethnicities of food. This week my cooking influences and recipes came from, Feeding the Whole Family, Maangachi, Vegan With a Vengence, and The Japanese Kitchen.

At some point I post what we ate and what the Lil One ate but lemme tell you it was delicious, and I always have leftovers for lunch the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment